Consec Group (Pty Ltd) and its related companies are committed to ensuring that when we collect and use information about visitors to our websites, we do so in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
1. Collection of Personal Information
Consec Group may collect information about you such as your name, contact details, skills, qualifications, accreditations and your employment history. We may also collect other types of your personal information such as references and employment objectives when dealing with you, for example if you are being considered for employment.
Where practical, the purpose for which we collect personal information and the consequences of not providing it will be made clear at the time of collection.
- You applied online for a job or work with Consec Group, and provided (without limitation) information about your education, employment history and accreditations. Your application will have constituted your express consent to our use of this information to assess your application and to allow us to carry out any reference checking and other related activities as may be required of us under applicable law as an employer;
- You registered or subscribed to our services or requested further services on any of our websites; or
- You contacted us to report a problem with our websites or to make any enquiry or query or comment.
Consec Group may also collect information from public record and third parties.
2. Use of and Disclosure of Personal Information
- To provide our services to you;
- To maintain our business relationship, where you are a user of our website, a client or candidate;
- To enable you to submit your CV generally, to apply for specific jobs or to request future contact regarding new job opportunities;
- To match your details with job vacancies, to assist us in finding a position that is most suitable for you and, where you provide your prior consent as a candidate, to send your personal information to 3rd parties in order to apply for jobs;
- To answer your enquiry;
- To direct-market products and services, advise you of news and industry updates, events, promotions and competitions, reports and other information. Where we do so, you will be able to unsubscribe from such communications;
- To trusted third parties where we have retained them to provide services to support your request such as psychometric evaluations or skills tests and medical assessments. These third parties must comply with similar undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as Consec Group;
- We may also release personal information to regulatory or law enforcement authorities, if they require us to do so; or
- We may also seek your consent to collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for any other purpose not listed above.
3. Sensitive Information
Sensitive information is a special category of personal information under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). It is the information or an opinion about you, including racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union, sexual preferences or practices, criminal records and health information. Consec Group will provide the purpose for the collection which will only be disclosed with your consent.
4. Privacy on our Websites
Submitting Your Curriculum Vitae ("CV") and Applying for Jobs
You may submit your CV to Consec Group via this website, either for general consideration for positions as they arise or to apply for a specific advertised job. Once submitted, your CV will be sent directly to the relevant Hiring Manager who will review your details and advise you whether you are to be accepted by us for registration on our Recruitment Tracking database. This database, including your personal information, can only be accessed by staff working in the Consec Group Head Office.
If you are selected for interview, our Hiring Manager should then contact you to set up an interview in person.
Aggregate Information About Website Visitors
We gather information and statistics about all visitors to this website including the most frequently accessed pages and most frequently used services. We only use such data in aggregate form (that is, the information does not identify any one individual). This information helps us determine the most beneficial parts of our websites and ways in which we can continually improve our online services to create a better overall experience for our users.
A HTTP cookie (also called web cookie, Internet cookie, browser cookie, or simply cookie) is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored on the user's computer by the user's web browser while the user is browsing. For functionality purposes, this website uses First Party cookies which are cookies that are set by the site itself and can only be read by this site.
Consec Group takes reasonable steps to keep personal information secure, accurate and up to date. The Internet is not always a secure method of transmitting information. Accordingly, while we seek to protect your personal information by implementing digital security systems in various parts of our website, Consec Group cannot however accept responsibility for the security of information you send to or receive from us over the Internet or for any unauthorised access or use of that information.
Where we have links to websites outside of Consec Group, we cannot ensure that your privacy will be protected in accordance with this policy. You should review the privacy policies of these other websites as we have no control over them and are not responsible for any information that is submitted to or collected by these third parties.
6. Access to Personal Information
You may request access to, update of or deletion of your personal information held at Consec Group by contacting Head Office as detailed below. We may ask you to verify your identity and provide further information about your request. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request and give you reasons for doing so. Where you request your personal information to be updated and there is a dispute about the facts, we will make a note on your personal information of such dispute.
You may also request that Consec Group stops using your information and/or contacting you. We will comply with your request however, if this involves a request for deletion of your file, please be aware that we may not be required or able to do so, particularly where your file also holds information about our clients.
7. Policy Updates
This Policy may change from time to time and is available on our website.
31 Hovell Street
WODONGA VIC 3690
1300 266 732
(02) 6022 5959
At Consec Group we aim to acknowledge receipt of complaints and enquiries as soon as possible and commit to resolve all complaints no later than 30 days. However, there may be instances where this is not possible due to the contents of the complaint. In such circumstances, we will respond to your complaint in a reasonable and practical time. You may wish to contact the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) if you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint.